Both days, the Dutch media archive, Sound & Vision, will be present at The Art Department. Sound & Vision is one of the largest audiovisual archives of Europe and they’ll bring just a small sliver of their treasures to The Art Department for you to play with. Join them and impart a character from your imagination into past imagery from the archive to win a prize! You will find them at the info booth area of the festival.
At The Art Department, Sound & Vision will provide a free sample pack of specially curated content like old industrial imagery, open seas, stylistic mechanical visuals and quirky, unexpected footage of nature: it is all there to use. Just start creating!
We have a WACOM-tablet ready for you. Start creating right away and join our character design competition. Meanwhile, Sound & Vision creatives will be happy to tell you all the ins-and-outs of reusing archival material. Discover all the possibilities of creative reuse; there is a whole world waiting for you.
How to join the competition?
- Stop by the stand and say hello.
- Dive into the content prepared for you. Create a brand new character design on the spot (WACOM available). You can also download the sample pack at the booth and start designing at home!
- You can also download the sample pack right here and start designing at home!
- Post your work on your Instagram before April 28: tag Playgrounds (@weareplaygrounds) and Sound & Vision (@beeldgeluid)
Who will win?
May 9th, Playgrounds and Sound & Vision will select the top 3 designs.
These winners will receive:
- Free subscription for 6 months to the archive’s digital portal (normal price 180 euros)
- Two free tickets for Sound & Vision’s brand new museum set to open October 2022.
- Screening at the Remix fest at Sound & Vision, October 6 (open day for Art & AV students and new makers about working with archival material)