WHERE IS THE FESTIVAL HELD?
Breda | Chassé Theater | Claudius Prinsenlaan 8, 4811 DK Breda
More info on the venue can be found here. (Dutch only)
Amsterdam | EYE Filmmuseum | IJpromenade 1, 1031 KT Amsterdam
More info on the venue can be found here.
WHEN DOES THE PROGRAM START?
Breda | 9.30 doors open | 10.00 start program
Amsterdam | 9.30 doors open | 10.00 start program
Make sure to be on time to collect your wrist band.
COVID-19 AND YOUR SAFETY
Playgrounds is following the Dutch governmental regulations regarding Covid-19. This means that currently there are no restrictions.
However, we strive to create a safe environment for our audience and crew. Everyone is free to wear a face mask if that makes them more comfortable. We’ll make sure to have free face masks and hygienic gels available at the venue. The venue has sufficient ventilation systems which ensure a good air flow throughout. We strongly urge people that experience flue like symptoms to stay home. We can’t look into the future, of course, but we are doing everything we can to create a safe environment for all.
IS THERE FOOD / DRINKS AVAILABLE AT THE FESTIVAL?
Breda | During both the lunch and drink break the bars at Chassé Theater are open. There’ll also be an Indonesian caterer where you can buy mouthwatering soto or sateh!
Amsterdam | A small lunch is included for all ticket holders (regardless of which ticket type you’ve bought). You can buy a drink at the bar in the foyer at the top of the stairs.
ARE THERE LOCKERS OR A CLOAKROOM?
Breda | You’ll find the cloakroom on the ground floor of the theatre. Please note you have to pay a small fee (€1,00) for them to take care of your belongings. (Pin only)
Amsterdam | Eye has lockers (free of charge) and an unattended cloakroom. Use of these is at your own risk. We do not have space to store folding bicycles, suitcases or other large items.
ARE THE VENUES ACCESSIBLE FOR PEOPLE WITH MOBILITY ISSUES?
Breda | Chassé is easily accessible for wheelchairs. You can find more information here. (Dutch only)
Amsterdam | Eye’s entire building is accessible to people in wheelchairs or with any other mobility impairments. The elevator to get to the reception desk is located right next to the staircase of the main entrance.
Our program will take place in Cinema 1, which one floor up from the reception. Also accessible via elevator. In Eye’s cinemas, there are always two places reserved for wheelchairs.
If you need any additional assistance, please reach out to our team in advance so that we can see how we can help!
CAN I BRING MY PORTFOLIO TO GET SOME FEEDBACK?
Absolutely. All artists will be available in the foyer in the break after their presentation. Feel free to walk up to them! They’re happy to discuss your work, answer any questions or simply have a chat.
HOUSE RULES & REGULATIONS
- To all Playgrounds events, our Terms & Conditions apply.
- All tickets are strictly personal;
- Please leave your full pass wrist band on overnight. Please don’t remove this wrist band. Removed passes are no longer valid and will not be replaced by a new pass;
- Please be quiet during the presentations. Visitors that are disturbing the talks will be removed from the venue;
- The whole venue is a non-smoking area;
- We don’t serve alcohol under 18. Our crew and crew of the venue is obliged to ask for a valid ID;
- It is prohibited to record the talks on any device;
- The program is tentative and submissive to change. Playgrounds keeps an up to date time schedule on this site. All rights are reserved.
- We can refund you if you have a medical advice by a general practitioner or another medical expert, a positive Covid test, experience strong Covid related symptoms or other unforeseen circumstances causing force majeur not in your control. 10% is not refunded because of our administration fee.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Playgrounds is committed to providing a safe and inclusive experience for everyone involved in our events regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neuro-diversity, ethnicity, color, nationality, age, religion, or other protected characteristics. We believe everyone has the right to enjoy our events without fear of harassment, discrimination, or condescension. You can find our Code of conduct here.
MY QUESTION IS NOT ANSWERED. WHO DO I CONTACT?
You can contact our production office via firstname.lastname@example.org or send a WhatsApp via +31 40 30 98 017