Portfolio review (normal)
The classic review as you know it.
Portfolio review for starters & students
The name says it all: we’d like to reserve a few time slots for beginners who don’t really have a huge portfolio yet and might be looking for more basic tips & tricks. How do you build your portfolio? Where do you start?
Studios who are looking for new talent can recruit during TAD2020. If they are actively recruiting for a specific role, they’ll of course provide a job description.
To ensure that we can make the right match between people and studios, all applications will be checked first by members from the Playgrounds team.
WEDNESDAY – 7 OCTOBER 2020
|10:00 – 11:05||Recruitment*||Reblika|
|11:15 – 12:20||Review for starters & students||Alex Beddows (Art Station)|
|12:30 – 13:35||TBA|
|14:30 – 15:35||Recruitment**||Jamie Bolio (Submarine)|
|15:45 – 16:50||Recruitment**||Jamie Bolio (Submarine)|
|17:00 – 18:05||Portfolio review||Danar Worya|
THURSDAY – 8 OCTOBER 2020
FRIDAY – 9 OCTOBER 2020
|14:00 – 15:05||Recruitment*||Studio Reblika|
|15:15 – 16:20||Review for starters & students||Alex Beddows (Art Station)|
|16:30 – 17:35||Review for starters & students||Sylvain Marc (illustrator / animator)|
|17:45 – 18:50||Portfolio Review||Steven Cormann (matte painter / concept artist)|
|19:20 – 20:25||Portfolio Review||Andrea Chiampo & Jason Horley (art director & concept artist, ILM London)|
|20:35 – 21:40||Portfolio Review||Patrick O’Keefe (Art Director)|
* Reblika are recruiting for the following positions: Groom artists, Character Modeler & Rigger (freelance & full-timers). More info can be found here.
** Submarine is recruiting in all areas across the digital 2D & 3D animation pipeline, you’ll find a full overview below:
– A 3D Character Animation Supervisor, Blender preferred
– A 3D Character Animator, Blender preferred
– A 3D Layout / PreVis Artist, Blender preferred
– A 2D Style-Frame Character Artist, TVPaint or Photoshop
– 2D Digital Animators, Senior-level / ToonBoom (not cut-out)
– 2D FX (Shading / Color) Artists, TVPaint
– 2D Sequence Animators / Indie Filmmakers with a unique style
Deadlines (tentative program, all rights reserved)
Wed 23 Sept | Online application opens 09:00h: you can find the form here.
Sun 27 Sept | Online application closes 00:00h
Thu 1 Oct | Announcement of selected portfolios