Playgrounds is looking for a versatile and enthusiastic: junior producer / office manager for 36-40 hours per week (1.0 fte).
Planning and organising is in your blood. You think and work actively with our team and are given the space to contribute and implement ideas. You work closely together with our financial director and head of production and jointly decide which production tasks need to be carried out for our multi-faceted annual program. In addition, you will be the linchpin in our organization and ensure that Playgrounds is a nice place to work.
Who are we?
Playgrounds is the largest platform in the field of innovative moving image in Europe, second in the world. Our target groups are: animators, filmmakers, concept artists, graphic designers, art directors, game designers, sound designers etc.
From our office in Eindhoven, we organize several festivals a year in Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Breda, Berlin. Taipei, London, Portland in development. We have a physical reach of 10,000 creative makers and attract around 80,000 visitors online from all over the world. We also have a talent development and educational program in which we collaborate with national partners.
We are looking for a junior producer / office manager. The job entails:
– You will assist Head of Production in the organization of our festivals, exhibitions & events throughout the year;
– You will organize the events that take place at our office: workshops and master classes, networking drinks, panel recordings and interviews;
– You will take care of the ins and outs of our office: you will monitor the office calendar, take care of buying office supplies and catering, stock management, arrange cleaning, etc.
What we ask:
– You like to plan and structure;
– You strive for clear communication (Dutch and English) towards the team as well as our partners and artists;
– You do not see problems, but think along to (creative) solutions;
– You are independent and work hands-on with a sharp production eye;
– You love deadlines and thrive in the dynamics of the cultural and creative industries;
– You do not shy away from some computer work and are digital savvy (in Excel, Word, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign);
– You have a critical eye and are interested in visual culture: animation, illustration, photography, film, games, graphic images;
– You preferably live in (the vicinity of) Eindhoven or are willing to relocate to Eindhoven and have a driving license (B).
What we offer:
A fun workplace in the middle of Strijp-S and the chance to explore the world together with Playgrounds. Flexibility to work a minimum of 50% from home. Opportunity to grow and (further) education. Salary in accordance with the collective labour agreement for theatre and dance, with a minimum of one year’s employment. In addition, Playgrounds has its own pension scheme and comprehensive employee insurance. It is a full-time position and you can start immediately.
Playgrounds encourages talent. If you are at the beginning of a career in production, do not hesitate to apply. Playgrounds strives for the diversity that characterises our visual culture and works towards a team where as many different experiences and perspectives come together as possible. We take this into account in our recruitment strategy. If you prove to be an enrichment to our staff composition, we see that as added value.
Want to know more?
For questions, you can always contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply?
Motivation and CV can be sent to: email@example.com
Deadline: 23 June 2023