Doors open & start program:
Eindhoven 9.30AM doors open, 10:30AM start program main stage
If you want to see the first artist talk of the day, make sure to be at the venue 30 minutes before the start of the program to collect your wrist band.
Playgrounds The Art Department Eindhoven – 20 & 21 April – Klokgebouw Eindhoven
A full pass and a day ticket gives you access to our main program at our venue. This includes: Stage 1 + 2 + 3, portfolio area, Industry Garden, sketch sessions, food court, Procreate lounge, VR-installations, art market, book shop and much more! Our exhibition and the Artist Studios are free of charge and can be accessed with or without a festival ticket.
Screening Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinocchio with Q&A by Curt Enderle
On Friday night, 21 April (time tba) we’ll screen Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinocchio with Q&A by production designer Curt Enderle at Natlab (Kastanjelaan 500, 5 min walk from Klokgebouw). If you have a festival ticket, you can join this screening for free.
Please note: limited seating.
Are there food / drinks available at the festival?
The short answer: yes.
The lovely people of Keukenconfessies will provide great food & drinks at the Klokgebouw throughout the day.
Portfolio review sessions main program Eindhoven
The portfolio reviews are held throughout the festival, on both days. You can reserve a specific timeslot on the day itself in our portfolio review area. Reviews have a maximum duration of 15 min, so be prepared! Make sure to have your portfolio (digital or printed) ready to go. Due to high demand, we only allow 1 review per person. Full = full.
A list of participating artists and studios will be shared a few days before the festival. Keep an eye on our social channels for updates!
Thursday | 20 April | 20:00h – 00:00h
On Thursday night we invite you to join us at BROET. We’ll kick the evening off with a legendary Playgrounds Pub Quiz, so bring your best game. Let’s have a chat, a drink and perhaps a little dance?
Location: BROET – Kastanjelaan 500, Eindhoven (basement of Natlab)
Free access with your wristband. Limited space available.
Friday | 21 April | 21:00h – 04:00h
On Friday night we’ll end give TAD a proper send off, together with the party people of Overburen. Let’s dance the night away!
Location: PIXL – Kastanjelaan 300, Eindhoven
Tickets: €5 (special price for TAD-ticketholders), ticket shop will be available soon
House rules & Regulations Playgrounds
– To all Playgrounds events, our Terms & Conditions apply.
– All tickets are strictly personal;
– Please leave your full pass wrist band on overnight. Please don’t remove this wrist band. Removed passes are no longer valid and will not be replaced by a new pass;
– Please be quiet during the presentations. Visitors that are disturbing the talks will be removed from the venue;
– The whole venue is a non-smoking area;
– We don’t serve alcohol under 18. Our crew and crew of the venue is obliged to ask for a valid ID;
– We have a free cloakroom in Eindhoven and in Berlin. Playgrounds cannot be accountable for loss of items or damage to items. Use is at your own risk;
– It is prohibited to record the talks on any device;
– The program is tentative and submissive to change. Playgrounds keeps an up-to-date time schedule on this site. All rights are reserved.
Code of conduct
Playgrounds is committed to providing a safe and inclusive experience for everyone involved in our events regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, ethnicity, color, nationality, age, religion, or other protected characteristics. We believe everyone has the right to enjoy our events without fear of harassment, discrimination, or condescension. You can find our Code of Conduct here. If you feel unsafe or witness an unsafe situation at the festival, please reach out to us at the ticketing desk, contact any crew member or via WhatsApp: + 31 40 30 98 017